Great graphic design. The Bower roller bearing company was started in 1904 by R.W. Bower of Dayton Ohio to manufacture his new thrust-controlling roller bearing. To take advantage of the new automotive market, they moved to Detroit in 1911 and in 1926 introduced the tapered roller bearing as shown in stylised form above. In 1955 they were merged with Federal Mogul and the company moved to Macomb Illinois, presumably to be nearer to the agricultural machinery manufacturers. In 1985 they entered into an agreement with Japanese company NTN-Toyo to manufacture quality bearings in the USA.